Have you ever moved before? If you have then you know how absolutely stressful it can be. You'd think after moving a few times that you would be an expert and have it all down. But many people make the same mistakes over and over with their move and not realize they are making their move more difficult.
At Merchants Moving, we like to make everyone's move much more simple and relaxing than the average move. We do this not only be helping you with your move but also by providing you tips and tricks that allow you to learn more about moving than you ever thought possible.
Here are so quick tips that will help you with making your move a better one!
- To make things simpler on yourself and the movers and to assure that your boxes won't break open and potentially destroy your belongings you should make sure packed boxes should weigh less than 50 pounds.
- Instead of spending a fortune on packing supplies that you will probably just throw away after your move is completed, you should use household items such as socks, scarves, pillow cases, bedding and blankets.
- If you are packing loose items such as tacks or pens and pencils then you should make sure these small things are put in smaller bags before placed in the boxes to make sure they are simple to find.
- Label boxes thoroughly. The more details the better! It will make it easier when you are unpacking when you can figure out exactly what is where. You don't want to leave yourself second guessing.
- Make sure all boxes can close properly and be sealed so the tops are flat. If you over-pack a box, you risk damage to the contents.
- Pack your heavier items at the bottom of the box.
There are so many ways that you can make your move better. We have the answers! Contact us today to find out more about having a simple move or to receive a free quote!